When we invest in a project, we create a partnership between you and us. Together we own the project, and you and we share in the profits. The amount of the shares depends on the project, but the Saxeus share will be between 10% and 49%. When the project makes money, we all make money. When you take money out of the project to keep, Saxeus will also take money out of the project, according to the shares. If we leave all the profits in the project partnership, then the project becomes richer and we all become richer.
Please read the overview of how the Saxeus micro-investment plan works. You may download a PDF version of that overview below.
If you have a project to propose, please follow these steps:
1. Read the Four C's of Saxeus (below). If you agree to abide by these principles, we can do business together. 2. Read the Conditions for proposals (below). If your project meets these requirements, we can do business together. 3. Email to us a short description of your proposal. Email to: KMcKinney@saxeus.com and to MeyRa@saxeus.com.
In your email tell us these things: 1. What do you want to do (what is your idea)? 2. Who is on your Production Team? 3. Where do you want to have the business? 4. How do you plan to spend the money? Make a list of what you need to buy and how much it costs. If you can prepare a cash flow for your project and attach it to your proposal, that will be helpful, but it is not necessary. You can download an example of a cash flow (below) in Excel or PDF format. If you need help with your cash flow, please ask us.
We will notify you when we receive your proposal. If you do not receive a reply within two days, that means that we did not receive your email. Please try again. After we evaluate your proposal, we will contact you again, usually within one week.
Usually, we have many questions about new proposals, so you should be prepared to reply to our questions if you have the answers or to tell us that you do not know the answers. We will work with you to develop your proposal into a project that may be funded.
Four C's of Saxeus Saxeus promotes capitalism as the surest path to sustainable development through our four guiding principles, the Four C's:
Competence: we must share our knowedge with our stakeholders as well as learn from them.
Conscience: we must ensure that both parties to a transaction benefit.
Compassion: we must make the world a better place than we find it.
Courage: we must be brave enough to pursue difficult opportunities and have the stamina to see them through to long term success.
Conditions for Investment
1. We make investments, not loans. When we make an investment, we become your partner, not your lender.
2. We invest in businesses that generate revenue. We are interested in long term profit, not charity.
3. Our investment limit is generally $1,000, but we will consider investments up to $2,000 for a single project.
4. The investment should be used to purchase assets, such as inventory, equipment, or other expense items.
5. We prefer to invest in rural communities, not in cities. We do not invest in businesses in Phnom Penh.
6. We prefer to invest in businesses that make products for Cambodians, rather than export products.
7. The business must have no debt.
Your project must have a production team that consists of at least three people. If your production team is your family, at least three of the family members must be over 18 years of age.
It will be helpful if at least one member of the production team can speak, read, and write English, although we now have a Cambodian representative in Siem Riep who speaks Khmer.
At least one member must be able to keep records, according to our instructions.
Your team must report to Saxeus weekly, either by telephone or by email.